Today seemed especially crazy. Here are the top five highlights:
1. Ten minutes before we had to leave for church I was putting a jar of pickles back into the fridge. I noticed the lid wasn't screwed on right, so I opened it, tried to screw it back on correctly, and in one messy instant spilled pickle juice all over my freshly-ironed shirt. Doh.2. During sacrament meeting I was able to keep Spencer quiet from the opening hymn all the way through the Sacrament hymn by pretending that his toy crocodile was singing along with the songs in the hymnal. I would open and close his mouth with the syllables. I felt a twinge of guilt during the Sacrament hymn, but then figured this was probably better than Spencer being his usual irreverent self.
3. Josh kept trying to crawl underneath the pews and would let out loud, angry yelps when we pulled him out and held him again. (At least he didn't bean anyone in the back of the head with a toy thrown from his rocket arm, like he usually does...)
4. Spencer said he needed to go potty really bad. There was a long line in the ladies' bathroom, but everyone was really nice and let us go in front of them. Turns out he was just faking it to kill time. Then he said he needed a drink from the drinking fountain. He drank quite a bit, but also decided that his shirt was just too dry...
5. We had mini-meatloaves for dinner. I asked Spencer to take his pants off so they wouldn't get dirty. (He keeps wiping his hands on his pants.) They are brand new and this was the first Sunday he had worn them. After a lengthy argument he finally took them off and threw them on the kitchen floor. Not a minute later, Josh threw a large and saucy piece of meatloaf directly onto Spencer's pants, which were a good six feet away from his highchair! For the love...Monday's gotta be a piece of cake compared to this, right?
1 comment:
My Sunday wasn't very good either. It's always chaotic on Sunday's at our home. I hope your day got better.
Post a Comment