Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bunko!

Tonight I hosted Bunko. I love Bunko nights. It's so fun to get together with a bunch of fun girlfriends. I love the gabbing and the laughing and the playing. I lurve the trash talk. Like Michelle said, you can say just about anything at Bunko when it comes to trash talk, which is very liberating. (You don't get the same rush when trash talking to a four year old while playing Candy Land. Trust me, I know.) ((BTW, Liz Weber is still the reigning queen of trash talking at Bunko. My hat off to you, ma'am!))

Anywho, I also love Bunko food. Everyone always makes such yummy treats! (Not that I'm bragging or anything. I mean, I think I made some yummy treats. But I know that everyone else always has really yummy food!)

My menu for the night included:

- Blinkers (eggnog mixed with Pomegranate 7-Up) ((Don't knock it unless you've tried it!)) (((And you wouldn't knock it if you've tried it - it's super yummy!)))
- Homemade Beef Tamales (I decided to try a Cooking Light recipe, since I didn't want anyone's arteries clogging up while rolling the dice. With my luck they'd have a heart attack right when I rolled the mystical Travel Bunko and then no one would believe me later when I said I rolled it.) ((BTW, I did roll a Travel Bunko tonight!)) (((No, really.)))
- Homemade Red Chili Sauce for the tamales (Which I forgot to take a picture of. Dang.)
- Homemade Chocolate Dipped Oreos (Waaaayy better than store bought!)
- Raz-Ma-Taz bars (With cherry jam instead of raspberry.) ((I didn't get the recipe from this site, but I'm too lazy to get up, open the cookbook, and type the recipe.))
- Traditional veggie tray and dip (I think it's a rule that you have to have a veggie tray at Bunko... :)

It was a good night. I won the Travel prize. (Dang. I forgot to take a picture of the prizes!)

Anyways, long story short, I love Bunko. (And it loves me!)

(Did you notice how many parenthesis I used in this post?) ((Was it too many?))

(((Hmmm... maybe I should lay off the Blinkers for a while...)

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Ah, that was a happy moment when I saw that you still called them Blinkers. I'm glad to see you learned your lesson and didn't serve Blinkers with Heather's potato and cheese soup. I serve Blinkers every year when I host the Special Christmas Read-Aloud party, except when I forget (which, unfortunately I did this year) But I did make black bean soup for it and I totally thought of you!

Melissa said...

If you ever need a sub for Bunko, let me know! I was in the group a couple years ago in the 1st Ward.

Anonymous said...

your bunko spread looks awesome! I used to love to play down in Utah but these Washingtonians aren't totally up to speed on the idea yet
(By the way, I didn't think you used too many parenthesis) (Of course what do I know?)

ElRay M Roper said...

What a spread. If Christmas eve is anything like this maybe we will have to plan a Hoosier Christmas after all.

Maren said...

Dad - you are always welcome for a Hoosier Christmas. We might even give you the big bed!