6:45am
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me Mommy?
Me: No.
Spencer (whining): Why not?
Me: Because I was up with you at 4am and Josh at 6am, that's why.
Spencer: Eeeehhhaaaa! (His whining sound.)
7:00am, 7:04, 7:08, 7:12, ... 10:00am
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me, Mommy?
Me: Nope. Sorry.
Spencer (whining): Why not?
Me: Because I have to shower/clean up a mess I didn't make/change a diaper/clean the kitchen, get dressed/pay bills/make storage bags for the new toys, etc.
11:00am
I am finally able to take a shower.
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me, Mommy?
Me: Noooooooo
Spencer (whining): Why not?
Me (in my head): Because I am in the freakin' shower!
Me (out loud): Because I am in the shower, sweety.
11:04am
Still in the shower.
Spencer: Mommy?
Me (thinking I already know the question - and it's answer): No, Spencer, I am in the shower!
Spencer: I need to go potty.
Me: Oh. Okay, then go.
11:08am
Spencer (yelling): Mommy? The potty is broken.
Me (in my head): Dang it!!! We have the worst toilets ever! And why now, for the love of Pete, when I am in the shower?
Me (out loud): Shhh! Don't wake Joshie. Just leave the potty alone and I will fix it once I get dressed. Do not flush the potty.
*flush*
Me (in my head): !%#$^#$%!!!!!Q#$^&!!
*flush*
Spencer: Uh oh! The potty is really broken. Uh oh.
Me (rushing out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself): Get out of the bathroom! NOW.
Spencer stands in the doorway of the bathroom, his pants still around his ankles.
Spencer: Uh oh, Mommy.
I look in. There is water all over the bathroom floor, and toilet doesn't look like it is stopping any time soon.
I rush to get the plunger out of my bathroom and try to get back in the kids bathroom, but Spencer is in the way and won't move.
Me (in my deepest, meanest, scariest imp of Hades voice): SPENCER, MOVE. NOOOOOWWWWW...
Spencer moves.
Half an hour later the mess is cleaned up and disinfected. I am finally able to get dressed in real clothes, after needing another quick shower.
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me Mommy?
Me: No.
Spencer (yelling at the top of his voice): Why not?!?!?!
Joshie (who has gone pro in the tantrum throwing arena lately and is thus a complete pill to be around) starts to cry from his room.
Me: Just... no...
Spencer senses the danger, and wisely backs away slowly.
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me Mommy?
Me: No.
Spencer (whining): Why not?
Me: Because I was up with you at 4am and Josh at 6am, that's why.
Spencer: Eeeehhhaaaa! (His whining sound.)
7:00am, 7:04, 7:08, 7:12, ... 10:00am
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me, Mommy?
Me: Nope. Sorry.
Spencer (whining): Why not?
Me: Because I have to shower/clean up a mess I didn't make/change a diaper/clean the kitchen, get dressed/pay bills/make storage bags for the new toys, etc.
11:00am
I am finally able to take a shower.
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me, Mommy?
Me: Noooooooo
Spencer (whining): Why not?
Me (in my head): Because I am in the freakin' shower!
Me (out loud): Because I am in the shower, sweety.
11:04am
Still in the shower.
Spencer: Mommy?
Me (thinking I already know the question - and it's answer): No, Spencer, I am in the shower!
Spencer: I need to go potty.
Me: Oh. Okay, then go.
11:08am
Spencer (yelling): Mommy? The potty is broken.
Me (in my head): Dang it!!! We have the worst toilets ever! And why now, for the love of Pete, when I am in the shower?
Me (out loud): Shhh! Don't wake Joshie. Just leave the potty alone and I will fix it once I get dressed. Do not flush the potty.
*flush*
Me (in my head): !%#$^#$%!!!!!Q#$^&!!
*flush*
Spencer: Uh oh! The potty is really broken. Uh oh.
Me (rushing out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself): Get out of the bathroom! NOW.
Spencer stands in the doorway of the bathroom, his pants still around his ankles.
Spencer: Uh oh, Mommy.
I look in. There is water all over the bathroom floor, and toilet doesn't look like it is stopping any time soon.
I rush to get the plunger out of my bathroom and try to get back in the kids bathroom, but Spencer is in the way and won't move.
Me (in my deepest, meanest, scariest imp of Hades voice): SPENCER, MOVE. NOOOOOWWWWW...
Spencer moves.
Half an hour later the mess is cleaned up and disinfected. I am finally able to get dressed in real clothes, after needing another quick shower.
Spencer: Do you want to play Wii with me Mommy?
Me: No.
Spencer (yelling at the top of his voice): Why not?!?!?!
Joshie (who has gone pro in the tantrum throwing arena lately and is thus a complete pill to be around) starts to cry from his room.
Me: Just... no...
Spencer senses the danger, and wisely backs away slowly.
No comments:
Post a Comment