Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Conversation Without Words


Josh can only say a few words, but we often have entire conversations with just our eyes. For example, our conversation at lunch today:

Josh is sitting in his highchair, eating some noodles and veggies for lunch. He grabs a handful just as I catch his eye.

Me (with just my eyes): Don't you dare throw that handful of food onto the floor.

Josh (with just his eyes): Why not?

Me: Because I said so.

Josh: But I wanna...

Me: Do not throw the food.

Josh: Who's gonna stop me, lady?

Me: Me. That's who.

Josh: Ooooohhh, so scary! All words, all words. I'm gonna do it. I wanna hear it splatter on the floor. I love that sound.

Me: Do. Not. Throw. That. Food.

Josh: Here I go! I'm gonna throw this food and it's gonna be great!

Me: You're going to regret this.

Josh: I find that hard to believe, lady.

Me (out loud): JOSHUA ROPER MADSEN! DO NOT THROW THAT FOOD!

*splat*

I rush over and pull his tray away, all the while saying as sternly as I can, "No, no, NO!"

Josh: So worth it.

No comments: