
I had a really weird nightmare the other night: I ruined Christmas.
How?
I forgot to wrap the presents.
It went a little something like this:
Spencer ran into our room saying "Merry Christmas!" Then he ran out and we followed him. We got out to the living room and stopped dead in our tracks.
Spencer was staring at the tree with the most bewildered and sad look on his face.
Why?
There were no presents under the tree. "Santa didn't come," he said in the most pathetic little boy voice ever.
But it wasn't Santa's fault. It was mine.
I had forgotten to wrap the gifts and put them under the tree.
What?!?
My mind raced and I tried to remember and understand how I could have forgotten something so important! I couldn't think straight. Didn't I remember it was Christmas?
Spencer was rooting under the tree, as if he could find some little gifts somewhere. Josh was sitting in the middle of the floor babbling and chewing on some mysterious object. (As he usually is, in real life.)
I told Lance to distract them in their rooms for a few minutes and ran to go wrap some gifts.
I literally woke up in a cold sweat. Isn't that weird? It's not like I'm stressed about Christmas - I even finished all of my shopping last week. Why would I have a dream like that? Oh well, no worries. It was just a dream.
Now excuse me. I have some wrapping to do.
How?
I forgot to wrap the presents.
It went a little something like this:
Spencer ran into our room saying "Merry Christmas!" Then he ran out and we followed him. We got out to the living room and stopped dead in our tracks.
Spencer was staring at the tree with the most bewildered and sad look on his face.
Why?
There were no presents under the tree. "Santa didn't come," he said in the most pathetic little boy voice ever.
But it wasn't Santa's fault. It was mine.
I had forgotten to wrap the gifts and put them under the tree.
What?!?
My mind raced and I tried to remember and understand how I could have forgotten something so important! I couldn't think straight. Didn't I remember it was Christmas?
Spencer was rooting under the tree, as if he could find some little gifts somewhere. Josh was sitting in the middle of the floor babbling and chewing on some mysterious object. (As he usually is, in real life.)
I told Lance to distract them in their rooms for a few minutes and ran to go wrap some gifts.
I literally woke up in a cold sweat. Isn't that weird? It's not like I'm stressed about Christmas - I even finished all of my shopping last week. Why would I have a dream like that? Oh well, no worries. It was just a dream.
Now excuse me. I have some wrapping to do.
2 comments:
Santa was always too busy to wrap the presents that came to our house. I think it was a way for my parents to keep us quiet in the morning when we got up at the crack of dawn. We could play with stuff that Santa brought.
Christy - Santa was always too busy to wrap our gifts, too. In fact, I find that Santa seems to give the gifts that are either the hardest/biggest to wrap (like a new coat) or that will look the coolest all set up next to your stocking (Spiderman Sit-n-spin.)
Post a Comment