During Sacrament meeting today I was holding Josh, who, as usual, was turning it into an hour long wrestling match. I was wearing a dress with stretchy material and a wrap-around top. It snaps at the wrap-around part so I don't go around flashing the ward. Josh was sitting on my lap, facing me, playing with a necklace I had on. I'm not quite sure how it all happened, but in a matter of moments he had started going crazy, thrashing around, unsnapping my top, and opening it up quite a bit. For all the world to see. And, more specifically, for the bishopric right in front of us to see.
I tried to pry him from me and keep myself covered at the same time, which I failed at miserably. I practically threw him at Lance, who seemed to find this all very amusing. As Josh went sailing into Lance's lap, his foot hit the skirt of the dress in such a way that it was flung up around my waist. For all the world to see. And, more specifically, for the sister missionaries right behind us to see.
To their credit, even if the bishopric saw anything, they were gentlemanly enough to not show it. The sister missionaries weren't quite as gentlemanly and giggled a bit. (But I guess they couldn't be gentlemen if they tried!)
I was horrified at first. But I felt a little better when I noticed that a friend of mine didn't have her skirt zipped in the back. (And I warned her about it, so it's not like I was vindictive or anything.)
Well, next week I'm not taking any chances. Maybe I'll wear something like this:

Let's see you get through that, Josh!
No comments:
Post a Comment