Sunday, December 30, 2007

Procrastination: Try It Today! Or Tomorrow!


So I'm finishing off one of my 2007 New Year's goals: completing my quilt. It's my special 'mom' quilt, made of squares from her clothes that I took after she died. One side is the squares of fabric and the other side is navy blue fleece - super warm and cuddly.

I've been working on it for 3 1/2 years. Oh, don't look at me like that. I have an excuse - several, even. Good ones. In the first six months I made a quilt just like it for my brother, Kyle. A year later I made one for my other brother, Kevin. After that I moved, had a super-huge pregnancy (as anyone who saw me can attest), and then had said super-huge baby. Not exactly optimal quilt-making conditions.

So at the beginning of this year I made it my goal to finish my quilt. I've been working on it bit by bit over the year. Now all I have to do it snip all the loose threads and tie it. I have 26 hours. The only thing I have planned for tomorrow is help Lance get the Christmas lights off of the house, which has to be done because of the literal Arctic front moving in on Tuesday. And we don't have any plans for the evening, so I think I can do it.

No plans for tomorrow night! I know, the queen of planning with no plans New Year's Eve. Oh, the shame. We wanted to have someone come over and play games or on the Wii or something, but I never got around to calling anyone.

Hey, wanna come over tomorrow night and hang out? Or maybe tie a quilt?

No comments: